Saturday, October 22, 2011

When The Moon Hits Your Eye...

like a big pizza pie, that's (not) Fiore!!

If you are ready to battle your way to a rooftop seat, then this is the place for you.  It's certainly a scene on the roof deck of Fiore, but not the scene I was looking for.  No lie, I had to position myself strategically to get in line for a table.  The couple occupying the table was paying the bill, and just about to stand when a bachelorette party pranced on in.  Oh no, they were not going to take my table!  I was not letting this happen.  Just because you have a veil on, doesn't mean you get special seating privileges.  I had to do something, so I tapped the girl on the shoulder and kindly let her know that we were waiting for the table.  Whoa where did that come from?  Must have been my screaming feet, in 3 inch heels, that made me do it.  Fortunately the bridal posse stepped aside. Thank goodness - I'm definitely not into cat fights.

But was it worth all the fuss?  Here's the situation:  the waitress was a complete space cadet.  It took her 20 minutes to bring us menus, and we lost count waiting for our drinks.  When she arrived to take our order, she had a pizza that was scorching hot she could no longer hold on to it.  Somehow it ended up in my hands - ouch!!  I'm not sure if the pizza incident happened before or after she dropped someone's beer on the ground next to us.  After our less than average appetizer, we kindly asked for the check and ended up at Il Panino for dinner.  As luck would have it, the bachelorette party was seated right next to us at Il Panino. Sooo awkward!









No comments:

Post a Comment