Sunday, November 27, 2011

Boutique or Not-So-Chic?




Bokx109 is located in the boutique Indigo hotel in Newton.  The atmosphere was a mix: cougars, hunters/ole-timers(is that the male version of a cougar?), business travelers, and locals.  We had cocktails and apps at the bar.  I struggled a bit with the menu, but their asparagus appetizer was good.  Kinda pricey for the portions.

So far, not so swanky for a boutique style hotel.  Well at least not inside.  Until a glowing light outside caught my eye. Of course I had to explore!

Wait a minute - did I just leave boston and enter South Beach?  I made my way to the cabanas in harmony with the rhythm of the lounge tunes.  Not as picturesque as the Shore Club or Delano, but not too shabby for metro Boston.  Oh and don't be thrown off by the front of the hotel.  I'm pretty sure it was a hospital in a former life. Indigo hotel isn't super 'boutiquesque' but beggars can't be choosers in the 'burbs' of boston. 


No comments:

Post a Comment