Friday, November 18, 2011

Let me sail, let me sail, let the Orinoco flow

When it was decided to go to Orinoco restaurant, all I could think of was the song from Enya:


Enya - Orinoco Flow by WBRNewMedia
Good song by the way!  So I had no idea what to expect from Orinoco.  Let's just say that I was pleasantly surprised!!  I went to Orinoco for lunch for the first time and loved it.  It is a small, yet authentic restaurant nestled on one of the side streets in the South End.  Once inside, I felt like I was in South America. Seriously I almost ordered in Spanish.  The decor was simple, but had a rustic feel to it.  The Latin music playing in the background completed the experience.

Priced inexpensively, the portions were modest, but perfect size for lunch.  I had the Orinoco salad (forgot to ask them to leave out the onions) and some yuca(yum!).  Next time I will definitely try an Arepa- traditional Venezuelan grilled corn pocket sandwich. Oh and the service was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment